Company Unveils Community-Driven Testbed to Speed Innovation
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA–(Marketwired – Sep 16, 2015) – Appcelerator®, provider of the leading enterprise mobile engagement platform, today unveiled Appcelerator Labs, which allows users to access and guide the direction of new capabilities before they are generally available. The new community testbed lets users shape their own app development experience by sharing feedback on early Appcelerator features as they evolve into full product offerings. Appcelerator also announced same-day support for iOS 9 and watchOS 2 connectivity.
“Our goal is to help seed mobile innovation everywhere and for everyone, whether you’re part of a development team at a Fortune 500 company or running a one-person shop,” said Scott Davenport, SVP of product & customer solutions at Appcelerator. “Today’s rollout of Appcelerator Labs and instant support for iOS 9 and watchOS 2 supports this mission, equipping our customers with the latest capabilities as soon as they’re available — and enabling them to influence the future of their own development experience by contributing feedback to emerging features.”
Community-Guided Innovation with Appcelerator Labs
Appcelerator Labs is the new home for Appcelerator- and partner-built innovations that are in beta, alpha or pre-alpha versions. Tapping Appcelerator’s expansive mobile ecosystem of more than 750,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and strategic partners, Appcelerator Labs is designed to place emergent mobile capabilities in the hands of all users, giving them early-market access, as well as a greater say in feature direction.
The first set of capabilities available for hands-on access in Appcelerator Labs include:
- App Designer: Drag-and-drop UI designer purpose-built for developing cross-platform mobile apps. More than a design or prototyping tool, App Designer generates best practice, production-quality code, and allows designers and developers to seamlessly move between design and code for easy collaboration.
- App Preview: Simplified iOS and Android beta distributions to easily and quickly share apps with testers and stakeholders. With automatic device registration and profile provisioning, App Preview speeds the app lifecycle for both developers and testers.
- Custom Analytics Queries: Query building engine for custom interrogation of analytics events to get precise insight into app usage and user behavior. It also brings more flexible access to app data with configurable notifications based on query results, and API endpoints for queries so other systems can consume the data on-demand.
- Hyperloop® Module: Allows direct access to every native API. This module extends the roughly 80% API coverage of the Titanium SDK to provide direct access to the remaining 20%, should developers need them. It supports iOS and Windows today with Android on the way.
- HealthKit Module: Access and easily integrate all available HealthKit information into any app.
- SOAP/WSDL Connector for Arrow: Appcelerator Arrow, a powerful framework for building and running mobile-optimized APIs, has seen significant traction since its April 2015 launch. The new connector allows Arrow users to connect to and orchestrate data from any system that exposes SOAP/WSDL, effectively unlocking a host of backends for developers to easily produce fully documented RESTful APIs.
Appcelerator customers and trial users can check out the new features by visiting Appcelerator Labs: http://labs.appcelerator.com/. Any other interested users can sign up for free Platform access at http://www.appcelerator.com/.
Instant Support for iOS 9 and watchOS 2 Connectivity
On the same day Apple launched iOS 9, Appcelerator released support for both it and watchOS 2. With this release, developers can immediately prepare their apps to be compatible with iOS 9 and begin taking advantage of new iOS capabilities, including multitasking, app thinning and the ability to expose app content to Spotlight Search. Support for the new Watch operating system allows Appcelerator apps to include and communicate with watchOS 2 apps.
For more information on Appcelerator support for Apple’s updated operating systems, please see the release notes.
Mobile apps are fast replacing web applications as the way we buy, share, search, learn and collaborate. Appcelerator® helps companies of all sizes solve for this new reality with a mobile engagement platform to drive great mobile app experiences, quickly, cost-effectively and at scale. The Appcelerator Platform speeds time to market with native cross-platform app development & testing, simplified access to data via mobile-optimized APIs, and comprehensive real-time analytics to power user engagement and measure success. With 100,000+ mobile apps deployed on 300+ million devices, Appcelerator’s solutions are backed by one of the world’s largest mobile ecosystems, including better than 750,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and strategic partners, among them Accenture, Cognizant and CSC. For more information, visit www.appcelerator.com.
Subscribe to the Appcelerator Blog: http://appcelerator.com/blog
Follow Appcelerator on Twitter: https://twitter.com/appcelerator
Follow Appcelerator on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appcelerator