MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Oct. 16, 2012 – Appcelerator®, the leading mobile platform, has announced the winners of its first-ever Mobile Developer Challenge. Selected from 115 submissions, winners were evaluated based on depth of integration with Appcelerator’s Titanium and Appcelerator Cloud Services, utility, user experience, and originality.
Developers of the top two submissions — App Studio and Battlesquare | Risk for the real world— will join Appcelerator’s CEO Jeff Haynie on-stage at CODESTRONG 2012 in San Francisco to showcase their apps to the conference’s 500+ attendees. The grand prize winner will be announced during CODESTRONG.
Mobile industry experts, top-tier venture capitalists, and industry leaders evaluated not only the innovation each app offers, but also its potential to disrupt the global mobile industry. The panel included Jeff Haynie, CEO of Appcelerator; Isaac Roth, PaaS Master of Red Hat; Chris Yeh, VP of Platform at Box; Dylan Tweney, Executive Director of VentureBeat; Navin Chaddha, Managing Director of Mayfield Fund; Ryan Floyd, General Partner at Storm Ventures; Tim Guleri, Managing Director of Sierra Ventures; John Occhipinti, Partner at Relay Ventures; and Toshi Otani, Managing Director at TransLink Capital.
Top Two Submissions
- App Studio is the first WYSIWYG iPad app that allows users to create, edit, compile and share a full mobile application without a computer. Available for purchase soon in 2012, App Studio is the brainchild of Ivan M., an 18 year-old French student in Chicago.
- Battlesquare | Risk for the real world is a location-based, real-world strategy game that allows you to conquer your neighborhood in a Risk™ style game. Battle with your friends, conquer your city, save money, and earn rewards in the process. Two developers from Spain, Raul R. and Carlos G., developed this engaging app which is slated for release this October.
Additional Finalists and Prize-Winners
- ClearWeather for iPhone – Receive weather forecast by color
- Dash – Automatic starter’s gun for track and field athletes
- Globl Me – Browse, interact and share rich media with people around the world
- My Communicator – Assistive and augmentative communications app
- MyChallenge Solinca –Track workouts and earn badges for accepting training challenges
- myZings – Browse, buy, and sell items from local users
- Shake with Me – Ice-breaking, multiplayer and real-time shaking game
- ShareCar – Car-sharing service for commuters in India
Box Bonus – best integration with the Box API
- Business Operating Box (BoB)
Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) Bonus – best integration with ACS
- DEEP JAPAN Toyama
“Once again our mobile developer community blew us away with the quality and originality of their apps,” said Jeff Haynie, CEO of Appcelerator. “It was extremely difficult to narrow it down to a short list of winners. We congratulate everyone who entered and look forward to announcing the grand prize winner at CODESTRONG.”
CODESTRONG, Appcelerator’s annual mobile conference, will take place in San Francisco at the Intercontinental Hotel on October 21-23, 2012. The conference will discuss the latest trends in mobile strategy and development, with two days of executive keynotes, 30+ breakout sessions, and a Hack to Help Hackathon. Visit www.codestrong.com.
Appcelerator’s Titanium is the leading open source mobile platform of choice for thousands of companies seizing the mobile opportunity. With more than 40,000 applications deployed on 50 million devices , Appcelerator’s award-winning Titanium Platform leverages over 5,000 mobile device and operating system APIs to create native iOS and Android apps, and HTML5 mobile web apps. Customers who standardize on the Titanium Platform get to market 70 percent faster and can quickly optimize business results with analytics-driven insights into user behavior and app performance. Open and fully extensible, Titanium makes it easy to integrate data, content and services from a variety of sources into mobile applications to leverage best-of-breed capabilities. Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) provides instant social, location, communication and content features for user-centric mobility. Appcelerator’s worldwide ecosystem includes 300,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and integration partners. Visit www.appcelerator.com.
Appcelerator is a registered trademark of Appcelerator Inc. Appcelerator Titanium is a trademark of Appcelerator Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.